Assalamu alikum......

My parents got married in the yr 1983.... At that time,mahr was not given much importance.
In nikkah,2500 rupees was said as mahr,but till now not given to dad feels to give how to calculate the value in terms of gold?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

Its nice to learn that you dad intends to deliver the Mahr.
There is no appreciation in it since it was said to be Rs 2,500. It still stands to remain Rs 2,500 and he can give it to your mum in the form of cash.

if the Mahr was fixed in the form of gold then the amount would have changed in respect to the current gold prices.

However your dad can give more than what was fixed if its in his capacity.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.