Islam/Manstrubating

Question
This is a really embarrassing question and I am shy to ask people so
I have been manstrubating for like only two years, but not SOO much, I always search to find an answer if it was haram or not and some says it's not and some does, so I continued anyway, when I was reading the Quran and I came across on sexual desires, so I got scared if I did the wrong thing by manstrubating, just today I read that it is haram and I am sooo scared for the punishment, I recently have been trying to build up my iman and stopped to manstrubates but I used to have wet dirty dreams which lead to  manstrubating, I'm a girl and I'm not married or anything as I'm still young.i feel so guilty and dirty.The overall question, what could I do so I don't get punished and what did I do, is it haram? Please reply in simple terms
Ja shak Allah wa khair

Answer
Assalam-o-Al;aikum Sister,
You are right.it is haram. However it is good that you are repenting for the sin you have committed as the situation appears had been beyond your control. Kindly pray to Allah so that He may forgive you. Allah is all knowing all hearing. Allah likes and desires to forgive His servants. INSHALLAH Almighty Allah will forgive you. Meanwhile please get/find a suitable groom for marriage. I will also INSHALLAH Pray to Allah to forgive you.
Thanks,
Md.Zia-ul-Haque

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate