Islam/Ownership

Question
The house is registered in the name of the wife. Does it mean that she is the owner of the house as given ti her during his lifetime? In which case she is the sole benefactor?

Answer
My dear brother,
Assalam-O-Alaikum,
If before registering the house  there was any condition that it would be done in her name only but she would not actually acquire any right over the property and if she had agreed to the said condition then she would not be the owner of the house according Islam. However, as per the law of the land she is she actually the owner of the house and none can sale or transfer the house to any body.
Md.Zia-ul-Haque
Alim and Advocate

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate