Islam/Marriage help

As Salammu Alaykkum, A brother asked for my hand about 2 months ago and I did estikharra so I got positive about him, I want to get married with him but now my parents don't agree because we are both students and the brother's father has to take care of our financials, and my parents don't think that it is a good idea, and they say we should wait for at least 3 more years. But That would be very hard for both of us, so what are your suggestions? What am I supposed to do? I am so sad and depressed.... Thank you and God bless you.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

Actually the perception people have about istikhara is wrong. People think that Allah will give them a sign through dream etc and that is the way to know about its results. Its not exactly true.

When one does istikhara, he actually supplicates to Allah about his intentions in regards to a particular work. If that particular deed (marriage/job) etc is good for him and will benefit him, then he will be able to perform that deed, if not then Allah will block him.

However I will advise you to completely cut off with this person till Allah brings about his decision on who will be your husband.

The more you think over this the more pain and frustration you will get. So better avoid any sort of contact to make the situation lighter for your heart and soul.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.