I have sold an item to a customer. He said he will pay in 2 or 3 daysí time. But after about a week he returned the item. I refused to take it as I need to clear the stock .Though it is not a high quality product ,the price is cheap and he accepted it when he bought it. He believed he can return it since he has not paid yet.Is he right?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

No he is not right. You have the right to demand the payment from him.

What was the return agreement ?
Have you informed him that goods were not returnable or it was left to decide later ?

If you did not make any statement about returns then its your fault and you should take it back. And please remember in future not to sell any products in this manner in order to avoid friction amongst fellow muslims.

The prophet (SAW) said "Take to trade and commerce, because nine-tenths of the source of earnings is in trade and commerce"

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.