Islam/Reconcile verses.

Question
Salam,

I am a humble person seeking the truth. I would like to ask a question that in one verse of the Glorious Quran it says that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is protected from mankind:-

(Quran 5 : 67)

"Al hafiz ibn hajar (May Allah have mercy on him) said, after quoting these words of al-Qurtubi:

based on this what is meant is protection against fitnah, misguidance, or being killed."

In another verse of the holy Quran it says that he (Peace be upon him) can be killed:-

Quran 3:144

And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

How can you reconcile between the two?

Thanks.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum & Ramadan Kareem!

Please do not forget our beloved prophet was a human being like rest of us if we leave aside
his prophet hood to deliver the Koran.

And as human being while receiving the verses from the holy spirit on a couple of occasion,
the prophet delayed in revealing and acting on the revelation contemplating people's reaction
but the Almighty Allah who has always protected all the prophets from erring sent verse again
reminding about protection to the prophet and one such verse is reproduced below.

Am reproducing one such verse below:

33:37
Recall that you said to the one who was blessed by God, and blessed by you, "Keep your wife and reverence God," and you hid inside yourself what God wished to proclaim. Thus, you feared the people, when you were supposed to fear only God. When Zeid was completely through with his wife, we had you marry her, in order to establish the precedent that a man can marry the divorced wife of his adopted son. God's commands shall be done.

It doesn't mean that our beloved prophet is protected from getting harmed by mankind which is
not the logical interpretation of the 5:67 verse

And the 3:144 verse is one of the message sent down to clear the ambiguity or misunderstanding
the people may get trying to understand the verse 5:67.

Am reproducing both verses below and remember each verse throws solutions/understanding for
many doubts/apprehensions that one come across while reading/studying the Koran.

The same verse 3:144 is also for those people who revered our beloved prophet as a super human
being out of blind love and affection, reminding all mankind that our beloved prophet was a
human being like rest of us if the mission of delivering the Koran is kept aside.

3:144
Muhammad was no more than a messenger like the messengers before him. Should he die or get killed, would you turn back on your heels? Anyone who turns back on his heels, does not hurt God in the least. God rewards those who are appreciative.

5:67
O you messenger, deliver what is revealed to you from your Lord - until you do, you have not delivered His message - and God will protect you from the people. God does not guide the disbelieving people.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed