Islam/self respect

QUESTION: Assalam o alaikum.  I wanted to ask, is it true that one should not pray when tired? But what if salah time is over once you wake up after sleeping? I come home at 2.15 or 2.30 noon, so I get only 15 to 20 minutes for Zuhar,  but I feel so tired that I just go to sleep , so I miss zuhar. Also I dont wake up for fajar,  because I need to wake up at 7 to go to work. So if I wake up at 5 for fajar, I cant go back to sleep and that makes me drowzy at work. Im a doctor and preparing for postgraduation,  so I can't have enough  sleep as I go to hospital,  work for 7 hours there, study , do housechores, and give time to family and pray. I always get irritated and puzzled about managing my time. Therefore I usually miss my salah, but don't feel good inside. I don't know what have  I asked but just shared my problem in hope that you coukd give me some advice. I want to stay relaxed in life and pray with concentration. Thanks.

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam!

Well, I never heard of that one shouldn't salat when tired.

The Almighty Allah will be more appreciate of the creations who remembers/contacts in times of
distress, happiness, tiredness and illness through salat.

So, do not leave salat just because you are tired, just sit back and think that can't we give 2
minutes of time to contact the Almighty Allah through salat, when we have been blessed so many
things in our life.

Lots of people observe sunnah salat that is not necessary as the Almighty Allah wants only fard
salat, so be stead fast in your fard salat and time permits read as well as study Koran which
helps you in your studies and profession too.

If we forget the Almighty Allah, then the Almighty Allah forgets us and the Almighty Allah will
always forgive when salat is skipped due to genuine reasons.

In fact, the guilt in your conscious that you are not stead fast in the daily salat itself is a
sign that you are near to the Almighty Allah, so please be steadfast and see how things changes
in your life Inshallaah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Assalam o alaikum. Thanks for giving me quick and detailed answer of my previous question. Another question is, if someone hurts you by taunting or putting blames or by anyother means,  and you don't want to hurt him/her back and forgive as Allah likes those who forgive others, but he continues to hurt you and your self repect becomes questionable. What should one do to protect his self respect without hurting others back. Thanks.

Wallaikum As Salaam!

Well, one should be patient and try to reason out politely with the person who is hurting and
humiliating or disrespecting, but not beyond a point when that person is senseless & fails to
realize his follies/mistakes continuing to hurt, then you should give him back in the same coin
to make him realize his mistake the hard way.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of
Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce