Islam/Bikinis on beach

QUESTION: Hi our questions is that we live in Miami,fl in summer when we go to the beach or when we go the water park my husband want me to wear 2 pieces bikinis infront of other men. I always wear bikinis because in Islam women had to obey husband commends. Do u think obey this order is rite and get naked infront of other men. He said it is ok if u r naked because u r with me naked and I'm ur husband u r making me happy when u wear bikinis u will go to jannat for this. Plz advise me thanks

ANSWER: As Salaam Alaikum Ali and Aleena Khan,

As Muslims we are commanded in the Koran to wish each other with a salaam as & when we come
across or write to each other.

Before I clarify your doubt, may I request you to dwell upon your conscience to know if you
are comfortable wearing a bikini in front of other men. Do you feel or think that other men
should have your husband's privilege to see/watch you naked or to feast their eyes on your

If your conscience is bothering on above point then you and your beloved husband are on the
wrong side of the Koranic instructions regarding women's dress code.

Am reproducing the Koranic verses on women's dress code that both you & your husband can go
through to find out whether you both are following Koran or not.

"O children of Adam, we have provided you with garments to cover your bodies, as well as for luxury. But the best garment is the garment of righteousness. These are some of God's signs, that they may take heed."

And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to God, O you believers, that you may succeed.

The women may relax (their dress code) around their fathers, their sons, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, the other women, and their (female) servants. They shall reverence God. God witnesses all things.

33:59 O prophet, tell your wives, your daughters, and the wives of the believers that they shall LENGTHEN their garments. Thus, they will be recognized and avoid being insulted. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

The elderly women who do not expect to get married commit nothing wrong by relaxing their dress code, provided they do not reveal too much of their bodies. To maintain modesty is better for them. God is Hearer, Knower.

Now, let your husband read the above verses with an open mind to find out whether one's wife
should still fulfill her husband's desires/wishes on dress code that goes against the Koran.

Your husband can add me on Whatssp or Tango or viber or Wechat to further clarify if any doubts
still persists on my above explanation. My cell # is +919849026154

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: As Salaam Alaikum im sorry i didnt say this in my first email. i just showed this reply to husband and he got upset. he said u r my wife and u should wear what ur husband make happy and this wat islam teach us. he said u will make me emmbrassed if u go to beach in shilwar kameez. he said bikinis r made for swimming there is nothing wrong since we rnot in pakistan and everyone here wear bikinis so nobody cares if u wear bikinis. he said if u dont wear bikinis and follow me then u can leave me in other words divorce. plz kindly tell me wat i do. i give ur tango/skype id to him.

ANSWER: Wallaikum As Salaam Aleena Khan!

Well, you did not do anything wrong in writing to find out what's right & wrong as per the Koran.

Your husband say's nobody bothers if you wear bikini or not in the beach, then same should
apply if you go in salvar khameez, isn't?

Why don't you ask your husband to read & study Koran to have an idea on what he is doing is
right or wrong, he shouldn't be saying anything that is not there is Koran.

He is living in the USA and in that country each individual irrespective of sex and obligatory
duties has a right to do what he or she feels so far it is not against the law of the land.

You have every right as a woman in USt o wear what makes you feel comfortable and what's as per
the Koran.

And am surprised of your husband's statement that on a flimsy issue of bikini he is ready to
sacrifice a sacred marriage relationship.

Perhaps, both of you are young and especially your husband who sounds very immature, but no
need to worry, Inshallah he will be guided by the Almighty Allah either through me or for sure
through some one to follow the true path of Islam as per the Koran.

You can ask him to get in touch with me preferably on Tango or Viber or Wechat as am always
available there.

You can continue to be in touch with me on any Islamic/Koranic matters if you feel that it is
not either upsetting your husband or bringing any discord in the relationship between you both.

Meantime, please ask him, whether you can wear a fully clothed swimming suit as you are not feeling comfortable in a 2 piece bikini.

If he continues to insist you to wear 2 piece bikini, try to avoid going to beach if possible &
if you cant, then time being relent to his request with praying to the Almighty Allah to lead
your husband to the true path of Islam as per the Koran.

Further, I asked how you feel wearing a 2 piece bikini on a public beach? Would you like to
answer or let me know your opinion, irrespective of Islam/Koran dress code.

QUESTION: As Salam alaikum u ask me how I feel wearing 2 pieces bikinis my honest answer  is 2 pieces bikinis r ver comfortable swimsuit to the beac but my only concern is when my husband asked me to wear thongs or gstring bikinis because the beach we go to they allowed gstring and thongs bikinis on beach . I don't mind wearing panty style bikinis which cover the whole of my back part. I don't wearing gstring for him if it is private pool or home but not on public beach which shows my entire ass part to other men I will try to avoid gstring bikinis on beach I tell him I can only wear panty bikinis for him to make him happy

Wallaikum As Salaam!

Am sorry for the delayed reply.

Well, when I asked how you feel wearing 2 piece Bikini. I meant on being looked at you half
naked by men other than your husband.

Coming to G String/thong bikini, did you ask yourself or ever dwell upon why women wear it.
Did it ever occur to you that it's the other men who enjoys looking at other wives in scanty clothes where as the husband knows every inch of his wife's body by feel and looks, may not be
so keen to see his in G Strings/thongs or 2 piece bikinis.

In the name of equality, the women is still being used by men in the first world more than the
third world.

Anyway, if your wearing of bikinis keeps your marriage in tact, then seek forgiveness from the
Almighty Allah for this act if honestly you are being forced to wear by your husband and beg
the Almighty Allah to lead your husband to the right path and not to walk in the foot steps of

Did you ask your husband to add me(+919849026154) on whatsapp, or viber or tango & please do
ask any of your friends or relatives who are in this kind of situation or wants to know about
Islam/Koran to get in touch with their questions.

And if you don't mind may I ask why did you chose me to seek clarification when there are so
many on the All Experts and how did you come to know about me on All Experts.

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce