Islam/inter religion marriage

Question
Good evening sir,

I am a hindu and I am a monotheist non idol worshipper. I am 24 and never in my life till date did i fall for anyone as i did not find the g.f b.f thing very appropriate. But situations and circumstances turned in such a way that I fell in love with a muslim guy in my college he loves me too.  We initially tried our best not to fall in this relationship but things turned out in such a way that despite avoiding each other we could not avoid but accept that we truly love each other and there is no way we can leave this thing mid way. since our souls have accepted each other as a life partner i find it immoral to move on and find someone else just because we might face struggle and difficulty in this marriage. there came many challenging situations in my life in last two years and he stood by my side like no one could do. I already loved him  and now i respect him to the core.  I am a kind of a person who doesn't believe in casual relationships at all so I started reading Quran and Geeta simultaneously to understand this thing and find a correct way. then i found the two are so similar there is hardly any difference of belief which everyone talks about. I firmly believe in one god and and know that an idol worship doesn't allow us to achieve the true eternal god its a trap to remain in the materialist desires, its there in geeta. I am not saying this because i love this person but because i love god. we have been working hard to discuss all the aspects so as to make this marriage happen in a  right way. I am a very spiritual person and really want this to happen with God's consent and blessings. I dont want to hurt his or my parents but i know we wont be able to make them understand initially how hard we have worked for it. I know his parents wont approve of me as I have a hindu background who are considered polytheists but I am confident i will work really hard to keep them happy once i am with them but before that I am clueless how to get their consent for this marriage. how to make them believe I wont be a threat to their religious beliefs at all. and how to convince my parent to marry me in a muslim background as they really fear girl's status in a muslim soceity as they have heard alot. but i know the person i love is a true Islam follower and will never make me sad ever. and i too will work hard to make this marriage successful and lovable to god for sure. My maa has a clue that i love the guy as i told her two years back but now  she thinks that i might have given up the marriage thing and i am just friends with him so she is okay now. i am not able to clarify because she is undegoing lots of family trouble so we decided to let our parents know after some time. his parents know i was his best friend in college but her mother doesnt approve of me fearing that this might turn into love and  then a impious marriage (which it will not ever ...we wont let it happen..we want this marriage to be with consent of allah) so he didnt tell her.by that time even we will be settled and so they will consider our decision as a responsible decision. kindly help and tell me what should we do and how should i go about it. I really need help because we have no one to discuss on these things.

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister,

Its great to learn about the faith that you are following. Although you call yourself Hindu, its not correct because since you are following the commandments of the God - you should call yourself "Muslim" - meaning the one who has submitted oneself to God.

Indeed God is known by various names across the globe - but we muslims call him by the Arabic name - Allah.

Maulana Abul Kalam Azad rightly remarked....

" One of the greatest causes of the differences and conflicts in this world is the unity of truth and the varieties of names and terms. Truth is one and the same everywhere, but it has various dresses. Our misfortune is that the world worships 'terms' and not their meanings. Thus though all may worship the same truth, they will quarrel on account of differences of terms...If all the curtains due to external forms and terminologies could be removed and Reality were to appear before us unveiled, all the religious differences of this world would suddenly vanish and all quarrelsome people would see that their object was the same, though it had different names "

So the first thing that you need to do is ensure that your love is more towards Allah rather than the materialistic beings of this world or the creations of God including humans.
That means you should be God fearing and ready to discharge the duty that he has imposed upon you  ( you may read the Quran in order to have a complete understanding of the duties and responsibilities and the things which we need to keep away from )

Once this is done and you have fulfilled the obligations of being a pious servant of God, you can proceed to marry this boy and surely God helps those who remember him and God makes ways for people to be happy and content in life.

you can do dua to Allah as per below article.

dua/
---

dua qabool timings.

- last 3rd part of night (bukhari)
- between adaan and iqamah (ahmad/abu dawud)
- while prostrating (muslim/abu dawud)
- After each obligatory salah (Tirmidhi)
- During the rain (Abu Dawud & Ibn Majah)
- While travelling (Tirmidhi)
- On the Day of Arafat (Malik/Tirmidhi)
- In the month of Ramadan (Bukhari/Muslim)
- While breaking the fast-Iftar Time (Ahmad/Tirmidhi)
- While visiting the sick (Muslim)

[Quran 2:186] When My servants ask you (Prophet Muhammed) concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me, That they may walk in the right way.

Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 145.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Mus'ab bin Sad : Once Sad (bin Abi Waqqas) thought that he was superior to those who were below him in rank. On that the Prophet said, "You gain no victory or livelihood except through (the blessings and invocations of) the poor amongst you."

Allah is more nearer to us than our jugular vein and He listens to our prayers and supplications directly.

Allah says in Holy Quran,

[Surah Qaf 50:16] It was We Who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.

So the best way to ask Allah is to ask Him very humbly directly through dua and salaat.

AbuDawud Book 002, Hadith Number 1474.
-------------------------------------------
Narated By An-Nu'man ibn Bashir : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Supplication (du'a') is itself the worship. He then recited:

[Quran]40:60 And your Lord/Allah says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):

AbuDawud Book 002, Hadith Number 1476.
--------------------------------------------
Narated By Fudalah ibn Ubayd, : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) heard a person supplicating during prayer. He did not mention the greatness of Allah, nor did he invoke blessings on the Prophet (pbuh).

The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: He made haste.

He then called him and said either to him or to any other person: If any of you prays, he should mention the exaltation of his Lord in the beginning and praise Him; he should then invoke blessings on the Prophet (pbuh); thereafter he should supplicate Allah for anything he wishes.

AbuDawud Book 002, Hadith Number 1483.
-----------------------------------------------
Narated By Salman al-Farsi : The Prophet (pbuh) said: Your Lord is munificent and generous, and is ashamed to turn away empty the hands of His servant when he raises them to Him.

Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 416.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."

Shahi Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 514
-----------------------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, "If one says one-hundred times in one day: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)", one will get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, and one-hundred good deeds will be written in his account, and one-hundred bad deeds will be wiped off or erased from his account, and on that day he will be protected from the morning till evening from Satan, and nobody will be superior to him except one who has done more than that which he has done."

Bukhari Volumn 008, Book 075, Hadith Number 350.
Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle said, "When anyone of you appeal to Allah for something, he should ask with determination and should not say, 'O Allah, if You wish, give me.', for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will.

Bukhari Volumn 008, Book 075, Hadith Number 351.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "None of you should say: 'O Allah, forgive me if You wish; O Allah, be merciful to me if You wish,' but he should always appeal to Allah with determination, for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will."

Bukhari Volumn 008, Book 075, Hadith Number 352.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by Allah) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked Allah but my request has not been granted.")

dua from Quran
--------------

[Quran 7:23] Rabbana zalamna anfusina wa illam taghfir lana wa tarhamna lana kunan minal-khasireen. (Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost.)

[Quran 14:40] Rabbana wa taqabbal Du'a (O our Lord! And accept my Prayer.)

[Quran 23:109] Rabbana amanna faghfir lana warhamna wa anta khayrur Rahimiin (Our Lord! We believe; then do Thou forgive us, and have mercy upon us: For Thou art the Best of those who show mercy)

[Quran 3:194] Rabbana wa 'atina ma wa'adtana 'ala rusulika wa la tukhzina yawmal-Qiyamah innaka la tukhliful mi'aad (Our Lord! Grant us what Thou didst promise unto us through Thine apostles, and save us from shame on the Day of Judgment: For Thou never breakest Thy promise)

[Quran 3:193] Rabbana faghfir lana dhunoobana wa kaffir 'ana sayyi'aatina wa tawaffana ma'al Abrar (Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous)

[Quran 3:147] Rabbana-ghfir lana dhunuubana wa israfana fi amrina wa thabbit aqdamana wansurna 'alal qawmil kafireen Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith)

[Quran 3:8] Rabbana la tuzigh quloobana ba'da idh hadaytana wa hab lana milladunka rahmah innaka antal Wahhab (Our Lord! (they say), Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure)

[Quran 2:201] Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil 'akhirati hasanatan waqina 'adhaban-nar (Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the chastisement of the fire)

[Quran 2:127] Rabbana taqabbal minna innaka antas Sameeaul Aleem (Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us: For Thou art the All-Hearing, the All-knowing)

[Ale Imran 3:15] Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy); and the good pleasure of G od. For in Allah/God's sight are (all) His servants.

[Ale Imran 3:16] (Namely), those who say: "Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire.

[Ale Imran 3:17] Those who show patience, Firmness and self-control; who are true (in word and deed); who worship devoutly; who spend (in the way of Allah/God); and who pray for forgiveness in the early hours of the morning.

Next will come marriage...some verses from the quran for your reference.

[Quran 30:21] And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.

[Quran 4:19] O you who believe! you are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may Take away part of the dower you have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them it may be that you dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good.

[Quran 24:32] Marry those among you who are single, or the virtuous ones among yourselves, male or female: if they are in poverty, Allah (God) will give them means out of His grace: for Allah (God) encompasseth all, and he knoweth all things.

[Quran 24:33] Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah (God) gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if you know any good in them: you, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah (God) has given.

[Quran 4:23] Prohibited to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone, no prohibition if you have not gone in; (those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[Quran 2:187] They are Libas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her)for you and you are the same for them.

[Quran 2:223] Your wives are a tilth for you, so go to your tilth (have sexual relations with your wives in any manner as long as it is in the vagina and not in the anus), when or how you will, and send (good deeds, or ask Allah to bestow upon you pious offspring) before you for your ownselves. And fear Allah, and know that you are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give good tidings to the believers (O Prophet Muhammad).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer