Islam/marriage proposal

I informed a sheikh I was going back to my country to get married. Later I found out he has a daughter and would like to ask for her hand, but I already purchased my plane ticket, so I'm going for a visit. When (before or after the trip) should I ask for her hand? What if he says no? What is the proper way to ask and what is a good place as I have never done this before?

As Salaam Alaikum!

As Muslims we are commanded to wish each other with a 'Salaam' in the Koran as and when we come
across or write to each other.

Well, if you are not in love with Sheik girl, then I suggest you visit your country first to
see if your parents has committed to anyone there.

In case they have and you like her then you should get married to her or in case you don't like
her or there's no commitment from your parents side to anyone, then on your return you seek the
hand of your Sheik girl.

It's better, either your parents or some elderly Muslims in your neighborhood approaches the
Sheik after seeking consent of your parents.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.  

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce