Islam/How to identify waswasa

Question
How to identify waswasas the problem is before I use to get thoughts about Saw bad one but now it's like I am supplicatin to someone other than Allah I don't know if it is me or waswasa.

Answer
Dear brother,
Assalam-O-Alaikum,
Many people are having problem for waswasa.Kindly read the following to identify the same and overcome the problem  

When you first notice a negative idea coming into your mind, don’t pay any attention to it; ignore it. You’ve got better things to do right now than to entertain it!

If the thought looks like it’s not going away that easily, start doing some Dhikr: “And whosoever turns away (blinds himself) from the remembrance of the Most Beneficent (Allah), We appoint for him Shaytan to be his intimate companion” (Surah Az-Zukhruf, 43:36) or recite Surah An-Nas. "Say: 'I seek refuge with Allah, the Lord of mankind, the King of mankind the God of mankind, from the evil of the whispers of the Devil, who whispers in the hearts of men." (Surah An-Nas, 114:1-4)

Rumination is often concerned with the past or the future, so if you catch yourself starting to ruminate, bring yourself back to the present and focus on what you need to think about right here and now.

Tell the idea off and get angry with it for disturbing you. Sounds strange I know, but have a go and try telling the ideas to: “Go away!” “Leave me alone!” Or something stronger if you feel that would work better!

Get up and move. If you stay in one place, it’s easier for an idea to take hold, but if you get up and go and take a drink of water, make Wudu, go to talk to someone, or even just change your position or focus on looking at something different, any of these actions can stop a chain of thought developing.

We’re advised to dry spit to the left if Shaytan interferes with prayers, Qur’anic recitation and if we have bad dreams: “That is (the doing of shaytan) who is known as Khinzab, and when you perceive its effect, seek refuge with Allah from it and spit three times to your left.” (Muslim) This is also a good way to get rid of those Waswasa - but probably best done if you’re alone!

One of my favourite methods is to wear a rubber band around your wrist, and every time you feel a negative thought starting to take hold, snap the rubber band. The sharp stinging sensation breaks the chain of negative thoughts.

If you are more of a visual person, imagine a “Stop” sign and when your thoughts start to wander, and remember to stop and look at the sign, and then obey it!

Laughter can help to break the chain of thought too. And you have to admit, there is something a funny about a broken record going on in your brain!

If it’s a thought that you do need to ruminate over so you can resolve it, but the time isn’t convenient, imagine packing the thought away in a shoe box and putting it on a high shelf. Then schedule a specific time that suits you when you’ll go and unpack it to look at it properly.

"Verily he [Shaytan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord. His power is only over those who obey and follow him, and those who join partners with Him" (Surah An-Nahl, 16:99-100)

Brother, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

Wsasalams

Md.Zia-ul-Haque

Islam

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate