Islam/A question about laws.

Question
"I am a student at The Ohio State University in America. I have been trying to find some answers on the internet and I just can't find anything.

There is a class about Islamic studies. I am in the class across the hall. Everyday I see a Muslim woman go into that class that I am very attracted to. She has always been covered up, but has a very beautiful face.

She came to class the other day for the first time NOT covered up. She was dressed in tight fitting clothes and has beautiful hair. After class, I was walking back to my car. If you go out the side door, there is a short cut path that leads to the parking lot where we park our cars.

There was a Muslim man, I think it was her boyfriend but I'm not sure. He was yelling and screaming at her until he saw me coming and then he left. She was crying and I asked her if she was OK. She told me yes and I walked her to the cafeteria.

I told her that if he physically abuses her in any way, to let me know and I will call the authorities. In America, it is a law that you cannot hit somebody. I have heard that if a Muslim woman exposes herself in public, that a man can hit her?

Is this true? When Muslims are in America, what trumps, American law or Muslim law?

If they understand our laws and don't want to live by them, why do they come here?

I am not a violent person, I believe in peace. BUT, if I see ANY man hit a WOMAN who is smaller and can't defend herself, I will step in to defend her ANYTIME!

Any information would be helpful. And please don't tell me to mind my own business. AGAIN, anytime a woman is being mistreated and I am around, it is my strong belief to defend her no matter what and to call the police."

Answer
ASSALAAMU ALAIKUM WB

I think you are right and need to be complimented for your heroic act Inshaa Allaah.

Please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST
WWW.ALHIKMAT.COM
WWW.ALHIKMATTV.COM

Islam

Islamic Scholar