Islam/theft and the punishment according to islam

An employer found out that his worker has been stealing money from his business for some time. though he has not caught him red handed, the overwhelming circumstantial evidences leaves no doubt at all about the theft. He is the only worker and the money gets missing only after his work. This happens for many times. There are nobody else who would have access to the money except him.Before he is hired for work no money is lost.However the worker stubbornly refused to admit his wrongdoing. The employer straightway cut the wages of the worker to cover his loss due to the theft as it would be a messy ,costly and waste of time to bring the case in the present court system. Also the court system is not based on syariah. What is the Islam ruling to the employer .Has he committed sin by doing so or he is justified to do so in the present situation especially it is not just suspicion.

Dear brother,
According to Islamic Law either the person should be caught red handed or at least one  witness must give evidence to have seen him stealing money and then only he is liable to be punished. But in the instant case no body has seen him with own eyes stealing money and therefore it was not just and proper for the employer to punish him.Of course according to Shariat.
Please don't hesitate to ask for any clarification if you need.
Wassalams and thanks,

Mufti Md.Zia-ul-Haque,Alim & Advocate

By the Grace of Almighty Allah,being the only person in the world who is qualified Moulvi(Passed the Alim Examination Conducted By Madrasa Education Board) with Degrees in Science and Law I am,MASHALLAH,able to answer any question on Islamic Religion.That apart,I was in charge of Legal,Calcutta Office of Custodian of Enemy,Govt of India and Export Inspection Agency,Calcuuta, Ministry of Commerce,Govt of India from where I have retired on 31.3.2010,It is also therefore possible for me to answer questions on Indian Civil Law and Service Matters. Md.Zia-ul-Haque,B.Sc,LLB,Alim(Cal) Alim & Advocate Md,Zia-ul-Haque,B.Sc, LLB,Alim(Cal) Alim & Advocate

Stated in the above field.

Stated above

1. Quran-o-Hadis-er Aloke Pita-o-Matar Martoba (Bengali) 2. Milad Sharif (Transliterated to Bengali) 3. Shaheed-e-Karbala(Bengali) 4. Hazarat Maula Ali Muishkil Kusha -o- Papi Mabiya -o- Duschoroitro Taslima Nasrin(Bengali) 5. Ahl-e-Bayt Pak (AS) -o- Jahannami Mua'wiyah-o-Yazid (Bengali)

B.Sc, LLB, Alim(Cal)