Islam/will it be considered as nikah

Question
As'salam o alaikum, a few years back me and my cousin (we love each other) said to each other on phone that we accept each other as husband and wife and we admit we are doing nikah. No one was present there in spite of we two.
After a few months of this we realized that we should n't have said like that in absence of any one, and i gave verbal divorced to her.
Would it be considered as real nikah and divorce? as we are getting married now with permission of our family after a few months. would she have to do "Halalah" before our marriage if it was a nikah and divorce in real?

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

I replied you immediately the same when I received this question on 10th Oct'15 that you read and also
acknowledge by giving points.

Anyway, am reproducing below the reply given to you on the 10th Oct'16:

Wallaikum As Salaam!

How on earth you people get this kind of imaginative doubts over these frail matters.

First of all, a Nikah or a marriage is not complete if it's not witnessed by others in the society, law
& as per the Koran.

So the question of divorce & halalah do not arise, however as you both are getting married act maturely
in future Inshallah.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam
as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed