Islam/a family dog

Question
I know that allowing dogs in your house is haram because their bark scares away the angels. There is however a dog hat can't bark, it's called the basenji. If this dog were to be in the house and stayed clean and away from prayer mats and such, would it be allowed?

Answer
Peace to you!

Dear Saud,

Thanks for your message.

As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

On the latter, in the Christian faith dogs are allowed because what scares away angels and grieves the Holy Spirit of God is not dogs (they just follow the instincts God gave them without them having a choice) but human behaviour, such as committing sins and doing good with the wrong motivation. In opposite to animals we have been given a free will.      

For possible later reference please visit sites like:

www.christiananswers.net

www.christianityexplained.net

www.answering-islam.org

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

Here is one example: Muslims are told that Christians believe in Jesus as the son of God in a physical way. That would indeed be blasphemy. However, no Christian believes such a horrendous thing. We believe Jesus to be the Son of God in a spiritual, figurative way. Like the Quran calls a well traveled man a 'son of the road' we believe Jesus is called the Son of God because he knows God inside out, is one with him and was sent by him.

Alternatively, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on the main message of the Holy Bible. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham
P.S. Here is also a link to an interesting article on the subject regarding how to stop IS:
http://writehere.com/post/151121-2/how-to-stop-the-war-of-is-and-other-islamists
What do you think about it?

Islam

A. Abraham