Islam/Islam

Question
Dear Sir,
Will you please let me to know whether Prophet Muhammed(S.W.A) had memorized the Holy Quran or not.
Thanks,
Syeda Mursheda Jamil

Answer
Peace to you!

Thank you for your good question. As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

On the latter, the perspective of followers of Jesus on the question you asked is: Please look at the most reliable hadith to find an answer to your question. Here it is:

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet heard a man reciting the Qur'an in the mosque and said, "May Allah bestow His Mercy on him, as he has reminded me of such-and-such verses of such a Surah." (Sahih al-Bukhari: vol. 6, bk. 61, no. 556; also Sahih Muslim: bk. 4, no. 1720)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: ... (Muhammad said) I am only a human being and I forget just as you do; so when I forget, remind me ... (Sunan Abu Dawud: bk. 3, no. 1015; also Sahih al-Bukhari: vol. 1, bk. 8, no. 394)

For possible later reference please visit sites like:

www.christiananswers.net

www.christianityexplained.net

www.answering-islam.org

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

Here is one example: Muslims are told that Christians believe in Jesus as the son of God in a physical way. That would indeed be blasphemy. However, no Christian believes such a horrendous thing. We believe Jesus to be the Son of God in a spiritual, figurative way. Like the Quran calls a well traveled man a 'son of the road' we believe Jesus is called the Son of God because he knows God inside out, is one with him and was sent by him.

Alternatively, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on the main message of the Holy Bible. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham  

Islam

A. Abraham