Islam/allah

Question
Assalam o alikum
Brother i had always thought that allah is the name of our god. But recently i discovered that allah is the word which means "the god" and in islam our main believe is that god is one and it is not that allah is the specific name for god. There are my relatives and my friends who just like i used to do think that allah is the specific name for god and are maybe unaware of the fact that allah is the name for god. I wanted to ask if it is wrong for them to think that allah is the specific name for god as they are still believing that god is only one but just they consider allah as god's name. Thanks in advance

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

Well, the word Allah do not have gender or plurality like God has Goddess & Gods.

In other words addressing Allah is more apt than God when we address amongst Muslims and as the Almighty
i/o God when we address amongst non Muslims.

Hope this is clear.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam
as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed