Assalamualaikum, about fasting, few years back, I purposely didn't fast for a few days, and I don't remember how many days do I have to pay back, and I just learned about fidyah, so what should I do? should I just repay it by fasting? for how many days?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother/Sister,

[2:184] (fasting) for a fixed number of days, except if any of you is ill or on a journey (during then) the same (missed) number (should be made up) during other/later days. And as for those who are able to fast but with hardship, they have (a choice either to fast or) to feed a poor/needy person. But whoever does good (excess) of his own free-will it is better for him. But to fast is best for you if you only knew.

First option is to repay via fasting....2nd option is for fidya if you are old or weak or cannot make up by fasting

Each missed fast = 1 day of fast

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.