Islam/Fell in love with a Muslim man who is seperated from his wife

Question
We live in the US. His wife is not of Muslim faith and either am I. We have been basically dating for the past 7 months and have been very intimate with one another other then actually having penetrative sex. We act as if we are a couple, and I am head over heels in love with this man... there is just one problem.. he is still married to his wife, he still hangs out with her and prior to the other night said that he was not in love with her because she cheated on him and was not sleeping with her... well the other night after we messed around a bit we were cuddling and somehow his wife came up.. I asked him when the last time he slept with her was.. and he admitted it was 2 months ago.. I was disgusted... I did not know how to act and took him home, I later told him that I needed a few days to think about all of this because when we first started to see each other we made a deal that we would only see one another. I am just so confused on what I am supposed to do.. he is an amazing man and we have such a deep connection with one another. I just dont know how to go about this, or what the rules are for him... I am totally clueless. :(

Answer
You know the rules Ashley!
He is married. You should not ask him about his wife and family let alone private matters.
You should not be possesive othrwise none of you will be happy.
If he makes you feel like a woman and he can then he is doing it on his own risk as he cannot legally practise polygamy.
Avoid the love and emotion part and you can be great friends. If he gets a divorce and marry you then your relation will be sound and halal and legal and without stress.
Love someone for who they are and not what you think you can make them become and they will give you the world!

Islam

Imam Habeeb