Islam/Colours in Islam

Question

In the past I have seen most images of muslim men usually wearing white and muslim women mostly wearing black. I now see the fighters of ISIS in Syria and Iraq always wearing black, while Iraqi Shiite warriors on the other side  also love wearing black as well. Could you tell me why they both wear black? Is it a Muslim colour of war for warriors? What do all the other colours mean in Islam from both the Sunni and Shia perspective? For example, pink in the West is used to define girls(and, even male homosexuals), while black is used for mourning and white is used to define purity/holiness(like a bridal gown or the Pope's outfit). Oh, yes, one last question:- was black also the official colour worn by the Order of Assassins/Hashashin, a Shia Muslim sect in the Middle-Ages in Syria and Persia.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

Well, Islam do not have any prejudice to any colors except white that every one must wear new
white seamless cloths while performing Hajj.

So, excluding above, many Islamic nations have different colors of their own, like the black is
donned by Shias community, green by mostly Asian Muslim communities and so forth.

Coming to Terrorists, mostly don black color, but let's not associate the Almighty given colors
to any religion specifics of events or acts and definitely not to associate with the terrorists.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of
Islam as per the Koran

Islam

Azam Mohammaed