Islam/Vanity

Question
Hello,

For me, the core of the problem of all discontent has always been one thing. I've read the Koran, a couple of times; and I have to say, I'm surprised that it seems (to my foreign understanding) not to have much to say about: Vanity. I suppose that could be down to the specific translation; but, literally speaking, the word appears  only a few times and that, also in what to my eyes is uncertain context. That said, I must consider also that I probably don't  understand the text the way a Muslim would. And so I thought I would ask one.

Could you elaborate a bit on what the Koran say about Vanity?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Answer
Dear Paul,

Thanks for your message.

As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

For possible later reference please visit sites like:

www.christiananswers.net

www.christianityexplained.net

www.answering-islam.org

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

Here is one example: Muslims are told that Christians believe in Jesus as the son of God in a physical way. That would indeed be blasphemy. However, no Christian believes such a horrendous thing. We believe Jesus to be the Son of God in a spiritual, figurative way. Like the Quran calls a well traveled man a 'son of the road' we believe Jesus is called the Son of God because he knows God inside out, is one with him and was sent by him.

Alternatively, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on the main message of the Holy Bible. The first lesson explores what the Quran says about the Torah and Injeel and whether they are still reliable. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham

Islam

A. Abraham