Islam/wish for children?

Dear Ahmer,

I am a seventeen-year-old man from the Netherlands, with a question about the view of the Islam on the topic: 'can people whom are mentally and/or physically disabled get children?'

In our country there are a lot of people that think that there should be some sort of birth control or that we should desexualize those people. With the argument that it would only bring pain upon the children because of a insufficient upbringing and a lot of bullying in society.

My question is what the Islam thinks of this matter. What can be found about it in the holy writings of the Islam?

I do not intend to let my Jewish blood refrain me from asking questions about the Islam, only by collecting information from all sources one can become wise.

as-salaam 'alaykum

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Excellent Question...and my apologies for the delay in reply.

In Islam there is no restriction to having children for physically disabled couples if both are willing and fit for this purpose.

But these disabilities have creeped in Europe and other countries where Islam has been rarely practiced. In Islamic countries we rarely see people with disabilities.

Thus I can make out that these disabilities are coming in future generations because they consume what is unlawful - such as liquor / pork / drugs etc

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.