Islam/Using mouthwash containing alcohol

Assalamualaikum. Hope you are doing well. I have been using mouthwash that contains alcohol ! I perfor. 5times prayer a day& try to follow all other instructions. Is it haram ? & if so what will be the punishment & how can i ask for forgiveness ?
Thank you

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

What is banned in the Quran is intoxicants. The alcohol used in the Mouthwash will not intoxicate you, therefore you can continue to use it.

[Quran 5:90] O you who believe! Khamr (INTOXICANTS), Maysir (GAMBLING), Ansab (DEDICATION OF STONES), and Azlam (DIVINATION BY ARROWS)are a Rijs (abomination) of Shaytan's handiwork. So avoid that in order that you may be successful.

However if you are still not confident can use alternate mouthwash which is free from alcohol.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.