Islam/Where to go?

Question
As-salamu alaykum,

I have been orphan since I was a small kid. But with hardworking, thanks God I pursue my higher education and going to graduate soon. The problem is now I'm confused where should I go afterwards. There are several options of job, and also option to settle down to get married.

Can you suggest me any prayer to clear up my mind/ getting clear direction for upcoming life. Thank you.

Answer
Al Qashash : 24
Al Qashash : 24  
Salaam, praise be to Allah.

First, congrats for your upcoming graduation.

To the best of my knowledge, you may read Qur'anic verse Al Qashash : 24. Please find the attachment for the Arabic script.

The following is the English translation > >   

"My Lord, indeed I am in need, for whatever good You would send down to me."

This is a powerful duwa offered by prophet Musa as when he was in exile from Firaun. He was in his utmost point of isolation, of loneliness and made a plea to Allah with this prayer.

Indeed, Musa as didn't mention any specific request i.e what kind of jobs, where did he need to go etc etc. He just mentioned "send me down to me, whatever good".

After this prayer, Allah sent Musa as, a wife along with a job and prosperity for the next 10 years.

Surely, Allah knows the best for us and gives us what we need in life instead of what we want. So, recite this prayer often, and may Allah guide you to His light accordingly, guide you to a blessed direction which lead you to happiness & safety in the Now and Hereafter.

And forget not, to purify your intention. This is essential.

Wallahu A'lam. Thank you. And all the best for your upcoming life & career.  

Islam

Sudarmiwati Supriyadi