Islam/circumcision

Question
QUESTION: AOA...

Actually my Question is Why is circumcision mandatory for Muslims? What is the reason behind this?  When and by whom The Prophet was Circumcised?

ANSWER: [Quran 22:67] To every People have We appointed rites and ceremonies which they must follow: let them not then dispute with you on the matter, but do you invite (them) to your Lord: for you art assuredly on the Right Way.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 779.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira  : I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision
Medical indications.

Circumcision may be medically indicated in children for pathological phimosis, refractory balanoposthitis and chronic, recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs) in males who are chronically susceptible to them.[2][6] The World Health Organization promotes circumcision as a preventive measure for sexually active men in populations at high risk for HIV.[12] Circumcision is also recommended for HIV prevention by the International Antiviral Society-USA for all sexually active heterosexual males and is recommended that it be discussed with MSM who engage in primarily insertive anal sex with other men, especially in areas where HIV is common.[29]

QUESTION: Sir,and the next one ?

"When and by whom The Prophet was Circumcised?"  at early age or later ?

Answer
I am sorry brother for the late reply.
These details are part of history. Unfortunately its not mentioned in the Quran and therefore I will hesitate to consult hadiths which will of course not give PRECISE AND ACCURATE information.

In case of anything else please do let me know.

regards
ahmer

Islam

Ahmer