Islam/In islamic ruling what should i do?

Question
QUESTION: As per the islamic ruling what should i do if my parents force me to get married someone i don't like? Im 21 N i love someone else he is also muslim 23 yr old wid reasonable looks n wid good family background n good buisness but my parents r not agreed n they have already forces me to engage with a person of thier choice whom i dont like,after my engagment i tried to get involve wid him n make a good relation wid him bcz i can hurt my parents n em affraid of ALLAH TA'ALLAH if i will hurt my parents then i hv to pay a heavy cost of it but em sorry i cant make it as he couldn't hold my intrest in him even for 1 week n i started to feel that v have zero compatibility n now i hv very storng decision to not to get marry wid him n now i tried alot to convince my parent that i dont want to get married to him n i like someone else but my parents arent agreed plz help me bcz v really love eachother  n v both r intented to get married as soon as possible n I n the person i love we both have decided that we wont get married until my parents will agree as we both are afraid of ALLAH'S punishment n we are afraid that if we got married without parents permission we will b punished by ALLAH n we cant spend life happily... plz help what should we do?

ANSWER: As Salaam Alaikum!

First of all, as Muslims we are commanded in the Koran to address/wish each other with salaam
whenever we come across or write to each other.

It's unfortunate that out of illiteracy & lack of education parents comitts these mistakes &
try to interfere in the life of children especially when it comes to marriage.

In these times and age young one's know what's good and bad for them, but it doesn't mean they
should ignore parents and do what they want.

You ask the person you are in love with to come along with his parents to convince your parents
as well as from your side make it clear that if at all you want to marry, then you will marry
only the person you are in love with if they agree or else you will not marry anyone to ruin
some other person's life.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: Thank u so much for ur reply...The person i love is orphan but his elder sister, his brother in law and his aunty (father's sister) came to my home to ask my hand in a respectable way n are willing to come again but my parents aren't agree... can you plz qoute me any hadees regarding this so i can show it to my parents to convience them in a respectable way becoz i dont want to argue or dnt want to disrespect them.. as being a duaghter its difficult for me to talk abt my marriage to them.... help me plz... thanks

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

Well, there's no hadith or any mention in the Koran on how to convince one's parents, which means
the Almighty Allah is leaving one's own judgement on choosing one's partner with the consent of
the parents in order own responsibility.

Any parents wants their daughter to be given to a man with good character & family with sound
financial status or in a good job.

And as times have changed now children wants to chose their own partners and in their anxiety
or emotional involvement do not reason with parents choice.

If you are so much involved with the person you love then you must also be bold enough to reason
out with your parents to allow you to marry the person you love since it's your life.

So give it a try and seek some sensible elders advise too in trying to convince your parents.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed