Islam/Prayer Time

Question
Assalamualaikum brother.... Is it permissible to offer salah on time but without hearing adhan... i mean in duhr prayer can i offer salah @ 1 or 12:30 without hearing adhan because its already time for salah and in my work place we get time to offer salah till 12:30... n in emergencies..

Thank You in Advance.

Answer
Adhan is just a call to prayer. If there is no adhan there is no problem. Once the prayer time is due...one has to offer salah.

You must be aware...During Journey There is liberyy to offer prayers jointly as well. Zuhar/Asr can be prayed together and so forth.

[Quran 20:130] So bear patiently (O Muhammad SAW) what they say, and glorify the praises of your Lord before the rising of the sun, and before its setting, and during some of the hours of the night, and at the sides of the day (an indication for the five compulsory congregational prayers), that you may become pleased with the reward which All‚h shall give you.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 010, Hadith Number 571.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Anas : The Prophet said, "If anyone forgets a prayer he should pray that prayer when he remembers it. There is no expiation except to pray the same." Then he recited: "Establish prayer for My (i.e. Allah's) remembrance." (20.14).

Anything else please do let me know.

regards
Ahmer

Islam

Ahmer