Islam/Commission by vendor

Question
My husband is a maintenance engineer and he has to purchase spare parts. Purchasing is not in his job list. But he does this because there is no one else to do so. He buys best and most economical pieces without any commission.Vendor gives commission on every product they purchase.  He never take commission and every time vendors says them this is your right. He is confused now. Please we need your help. Thank you.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

As Muslims we are commanded in the Koran to wish each other with a salaam as & when any Muslim
come across or meet or write to each other that I hope you take note of in future Inshallah.

Hat's off to your husband and I salute him for his honesty, commission is not his right but a
bribe the supplier is luring him into, to make him feel obligated for consideration of that
company in the future purchases.

Your husband is obligated to his compnay to discharge duties responsibily and in honest means
to make his growth prospects bright.

Once, he succumbs to this commission, not only your husband is obligated to that company but
that person can threaten him in future to inform the management if future purchases are not
considered at higher prices and at an inferior quality.

In fact your husband should discourage purchases from this company for not only good of the
company but for his safety from these kind of vendors.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins & guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed