Assalam o alikum
Sir i get a bit confused when we refer to word god. We muslims believe that god is one . Word God means one who should be worshipped or the one who created everything. If we believe that the one who created all or has to be worshipped is one would that be equivalent to saying that god is one . And will it be ok for muslims to believe that the one who created the unisverse is one istead of using the word god which i think sums up all the qualities of allah written in the quran. Any help would be appreciated.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

God is a general word used in English having various meanings.

1.(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

synonyms: God the Father Jehovah the Almighty the Supreme Being

2.(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity:
"a moon god"

synonyms: deity goddess divine being celestial being supreme being

3.a greatly admired or influential person:
"he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god"

1.used for emphasis or to express emotions such as surprise, anger, or distress:
"God, what did I do to deserve this?"

Therefore you should use the word "Allah' instead of the word of God. its better and removes all doubts and confusions. however if you are preaching to someone who does not understand the word Allah - then you may use the word God for his easy understanding.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.