Islam/Islam

Question
Can women enter in graveyard or no help me with hadith and Qur'an

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother/Sister,

visiting graves
---------------

Going to graves is not an offence. You can freely go to your relatives graves just for doing dua for them. But turning them into houses of worship is a big offence and impermissible in Islam. Shaitan wants to create divisions in the religion with falsehood so that he can take many alongwith him to hell !!

[Quran 4:119] (said Shaitan) "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes Satan for a friend, has of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

[Quran 22:53] That He (Allah) may make what is thrown in by shaitan (Satan) a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy and disbelief) and whose hearts are hardened. And certainly, the Zalimūn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) are in an opposition far-off (from the truth against Allah's Messenger and the believers).

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 008, Hadith Number 427.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Aisha and 'Abdullah bin 'Abbas : When the last moment of the life of Allah's Apostle came he started putting his 'Khamisa' on his face and when he felt hot and short of breath he took it off his face and said, "May Allah curse the Jews and Christians for they built the places of worship at the graves of their Prophets." The Prophet was warning (Muslims) of what those had done.

The Prophet has prohibited religious travelling except for 3 places.

Bukhari Volumn 002, Book 021, Hadith Number 288.
Narated By Qaza'a Maula : (Freed slave of) Ziyad: I heard Abu Said Al-khudri narrating four things from the Prophet and I appreciated them very much. He said, conveying the words of the Prophet.

1. "A woman should not go on a two day journey except with her husband or a Dhi-Mahram.
2. No fasting is permissible on two days: 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha.
3. No prayer after two prayers, i.e. after the Fajr prayer till the sunrises and after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets.
4. Do not prepare yourself for a journey except to three Mosques, i.e. Al-Masjid-AI-Haram, the Mosque of Aqsa (Jerusalem) and my Mosque."

Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 2126.
------------------------------
Chapter : What is to be said while visiting the graveyard and the supplication to be offered for the dead lying in the graves.

'Aisha reported (that whenever it was her turn for Allah's Messenger [may peace be upon him] to spend the night with her) he would go out towards the end of the night to al-Baqi' and say: Peace be upon you, abode of a people who are believers. What you were promised would come to you tomorrow, you receiving it after some delay; and God willing we shall join you. O Allah, grant forgiveness to the inhabitants of Baqi' al-Gharqad. Qutaiba did not mention his words: "would come to you".

AbuDawud Book 014, Hadith Number 3230.
------------------------------
Narated By Abdullah ibn Abbas : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) cursed women who visit graves, those who built mosques over them and erected lamps (there).

AbuDawud Book 014, Hadith Number 3117.
------------------------------
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As : We buried a deceased person in the company of the Apostle of Allah (pbuh). When we had finished, the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) returned and we also returned with him. When he approached his door, he stopped, and we saw a woman coming towards him.

He (the narrator) said: I think he recognized her. When she went away, we came to know that she was Fatimah.

The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said to her: What brought you out of your house, Fatimah?

She replied: I came to the people of this house, Apostle of Allah, and I showed pity and expressed my condolences to them for their deceased relation.

The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) said: You might have gone to the graveyard with them.

She replied: I seek refuge in Allah! I heard you referring to what you mentioned.

He said: If you had gone to the graveyard...He then mentioned severe words about it.

I then asked Rabi'ah (a narrator of this tradition) about al-kuda (stony land). He replied: I think it means the graves.

AbuDawud Book 020, Hadith Number 3689.
------------------------------
Chapter : Vessels of wine.

Narated By Buraydah ibn al-Hasib : The Prophet (pbuh) said: I forbade you three things, and now I command (permit) you for them. I forbade you to visit graves, now you may visit them, for in visiting them there is admonition. I forbade you drinks except from skin vessels, but now you may drink from any kind of vessels, but do not drink an intoxicant. I forbade you to eat the meat of sacrificial animals after three days, but now you may eat and enjoy it during your journeys.

(its not clear whether the above commandment is for females as well)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer