Islam/women prayer

can women lead(as imaam) in prayers (namaz) to womens

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

This is a controversial issue - since there is not much concrete reference available from the Quran or the hadith. Further there is no sign of Women leading prayer in the presence of men/male. During the Days of Prophet Mohammed - women used to attend the prayers in the masjid - so it means them being imam wasnt allowed.

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 008, Hadith Number 368.
Narated By 'Aisha : Allah's Apostle used to offer the Fajr prayer and some believing women covered with their veiling sheets used to attend the Fajr prayer with him and then they would return to their homes unrecognised.

However ...The closest ayat that can give some insight about women devotion towards Allah is in Surah Mariam.

[Ale Imran 3:35] Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto you what is in my womb for your special service: So accept this of me: For you hearest and knowest all things."

[Ale Imran 3:36] When she was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!"- and Allah/God knew best what she brought forth "And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to your protection from the Evil One, the Rejected."

[Ale Imran 3:37] Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: "O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?" She said: "From Allah/God: for Allah/God Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure."

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.