Islam/speaking in tongue

Question
A friend that I recently met in college class, spoke to me about "speaking in tongue". He said he had cold one day at school and he met a christian apostolic at a library and asked him to pray with him for quick second. and he removed his nasal congestion after the pray. my friend joined this apostolic group and he later learned to speak in tongue.

Speaking to friend about this was uncomforting. He is a very smart guy and very charismatic. And I felt  defenseless. He quotes a lot of verses from the bible right off the top of his head. I tried to be patient as I can. I don't know much about speaking in tongue and I felt I didnt know how to talk to him about Islam. I think speaking in tongue is jinn's handiwork but thats just my guess. I was wondering if you know about this phenomena. Would please give me some information on this and how I can protect and avoid this.  Thank you greatly for your time. Talk to you soon.

JazakAllah Khair

Answer
Answer:   Assalaamu Alaikum WB
That happening is very possible. However, as long as you pray your Salaah everyday and read the Qur'aan everyday you would not be possessed by any such things Inshaa Allaah Aameen/Maashaa Allaah.
Please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM Inshaa Allaah.
WWW.ALHIKMAT.COM
WWW.ALHIKMATTV.COM
ALLAAH KNOWS BEST
IN SHAA ALLAAH AAMEEN
MAASHAA ALLAAH

Islam

Islamic Scholar