Islam/speaking tongue

A friend that I recently met in college class, spoke to me about "speaking in tongue". He said he had cold one day at school and he met a christian apostolic at a library and asked him to pray with him for quick second. and he removed his nasal congestion after the pray. my friend joined this apostolic group and he later learned to speak in tongue.

Speaking to friend about this was uncomforting. He is a very smart guy and very charismatic. And I felt  defenseless. He quotes a lot of verses from the bible right off the top of his head. I tried to be patient as I can. I don't know much about speaking in tongue and I felt I didnt know how to talk to him about Islam. I think speaking in tongue is jinn's handiwork but thats just my guess. I was wondering if you know about this phenomena. Would please give me some information on this and how I can protect and avoid this.  Thank you greatly for your time. Talk to you soon.

JazakAllah Khair

This experiential  and basically  Christians believe  this to  be the Spirit  has taken them over although  this happened  when people  were confused  over the revelation  of God.
Keep your faith simple and reasonable  and be kind and the Truth will prevail.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.