Islam/Jihad and Shaheed.

Question
QUESTION: Assalamoalaikum Brother,
May Allah reward you for all the work you are doing. Today's world has become a very confusing place for ordinary muslims. Your help in understanding true concepts of Islam is very precious.
I have two questions.
1-What are the qualifications or standards for a person, who in the true faith, can declare a war or a cause as Jihad?
2- I thought that only Allah can bestow the honour of being a "shaheed" to someone. Allah alone knows all that is in the hearts of people and all else, so Allah alone can determine who qualifies for that glorious state. Are there any other standards that I am not aware of? People are labelling all sorts of violent killers as shaheeds. This disturbs me a lot.
All my life I have been trying to understand the relationship between Allah and a humble servant, who has very limited knowledge and intelligence. Now, I am faced with very complicated matters which concern nations, sectarianism and terrorism. It is so hard to decide what is expected of me in these times. Not expected by mankind(I can deal with them), but by Allah. What is expected of me by Allah, my brother?

ANSWER: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister,

Yes you are right...today media and internet is very strong ad spread false information very quickly.
However many muslims still today fail to open and read the quran and thats the reason many are still wandering about and away from the true islam.

1. Jihad is something which is greatly misunderstood. Its more defensive and never offensive. Today the jihad is speaking and propagating the truth - that is the QURAN. Unfortunately nobody wants to do that. There are a lot of muslims fighting and killing each other on the pretext of jihad. But thats totally haraam. Killing any innocent person is haraam and it will land us in hellfire.

The Prophet remarked...

"He who holds on firmly to my Sunnah at a time when my Ummah are (grovelling) in corruption will receive a reward of a hundred martyrs."

2. martyrdom
---------

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 628.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Anas bin Malik : Allah's Apostle said, "(Death from) plague is martyrdom for every Muslim."

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 011, Hadith Number 624.
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was going on a way, he saw a thorny branch and removed it from the way and Allah became pleased by his action and forgave him for that." Then the Prophet said, "Five are martyrs: One who dies of plague, one who dies of an abdominal disease, one who dies of drowning, one who is buried alive (and) dies and one who is killed in Allah's cause." (The Prophet further said, "If the people knew the reward for pronouncing the Adhan and for standing in the first row (in the congregational prayer) and found no other way to get it except by drawing lots they would do so, and if they knew the reward of offering the Zuhr prayer early (in its stated time), they would race for it and they knew the reward for 'Isha and Fajr prayers in congregation, they would attend them even if they were to crawl.")

murder/kill/killing/taking life/
------

[Quran 6:151] Say: "Come, I will rehearse what Allah (God) hath (really) prohibited you from": Join not anything as equal with Him; be good to your parents; kill not your children on a plea of want;- We provide sustenance for you and for them;- come not nigh to sha meful deeds. Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah (God) hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that you may learn wisdom.

[Quran 4:92] Never should a believer kill a believer; but (If it so happens) by mistake, (Compensation is due): If one (so) kills a believer, it is ordained that he should free a believing slave, and pay compensation to the deceased's family, unless they re mit it freely. If the deceased belonged to a people at war with you, and he was a believer, the freeing of a believing slave (Is enough). If he belonged to a people with whom you have treaty of Mutual alliance, compensation should be paid to his family, and a believing slave be freed. For those who find this beyond their means, (is prescribed) a fast for two months running: by way of repentance to Allah (God): for Allah (God) hath all knowledge and all wisdom.

[Quran 4:93] If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah (God) are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him.

[Maida 5:32 On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

QUESTION: Saal alaikum brother,
Thank you for your help. I can now see which path I should follow, the one that brings people together, not the one of fear and terror.
I have two more questions.
1-is there a kafir a for murder? Be that of a Muslim or a non muslim?
2- what is the definition of "momin"? This question is not for others, it is for me. What qualities do I need to Aquire in order to be a momin?
Sincerely your sister,
Ayesha

Answer
my sister ayesha....salamalaikum.

1. sorry i understand your question very clearly ....Kafir for murder ? Please can you elaborate

2. The Quran answers the question very well.

who is a beleiver/momin/believer/momeen
---------------------------------------

[Quran 23:1] Successful indeed are the believers.

[Quran 23:2] Those who offer their Salat (5 times obligatory prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.

[Quran 23:3] And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk).

[Quran 23:4] And those who pay the Zakat (obligatory charity)

[Quran 23:5] And those who guard their chastity.

[Quran 23:6] Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

[Quran 23:7] But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.

[Quran 23:8] Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants.

[Quran 23:9] And those who strictly guard their Salawat. (obligatory prayers)

[Quran 23:10] These are indeed the inheritors.

[Quran 23:11] Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.

[Quran 23:57] Verily! Those who live in awe for fear of their Lord.

[Quran 23:58] And those who believe in the Ayat (verses/signs) of their Lord.

[Quran 23:59] And those who join not anyone (in worship) as partners with their Lord.

[Quran 23:60] And those who give that (their charity) which they give (and also do other good deeds) with their hearts full of fear, because they are sure to return to their Lord (for reckoning).

[Quran 23:61] It is these who race for the good deeds, and they are foremost in them.

[Quran 8:4] It is they who are the believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity with their Lord, and forgiveness and a generous provision (Paradise).

Islam

Ahmer