Islam/Regarding Broker business

Question
Assalamualaikum Sir,

I have a question regarding Broker business . Is the broker business halal in islam ?

Say, If i got a contact to do a job from a company for the sack of 1 lac taka and then I contact a person and make a deal with him to do the job by 50000 Taka , After finishing the job I gave him 50000 Taka (as per contact) and rest of the amount I just keep it to myself .

In this case , my amount ( 50000 taka )is halal or haram ?

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

Well sub-leasing/sub contracting is legal and allowed as per Islamic teachings.

However, people with contacts gets contracts awarded in their favour with an understanding for some cuts
(kickbacks)is not allowed and also sub-contracting/sub-leasing at low price with an mutual understanding
on quality compromise to make more money also is not allowed as per the Islamic teachings.

Perhaps the below verses Inshallah will help you understand importance of honesty in business & trade &
act as a guidance in your business line.

6:152
You shall not touch the orphans' money except in the most righteous manner, until they reach maturity. You shall give full weight and full measure when you trade, equitably. We do not burden any soul beyond its means. You shall be absolutely just when you bear witness, even against your relatives. You shall fulfill your covenant with God. These are His commandments to you, that you may take heed.
7:85
To Midyan we sent their brother Shu`aib. He said, "O my people, worship God; you have no other god beside Him. Proof has come to you from your Lord. You shall give full weight and full measure when you trade. Do not cheat the people out of their rights. Do not corrupt the earth after it has been set straight. This is better for you, if you are believers.
11:84
To Midyan we sent their brother Shu`aib. He said, "O my people, worship God; you have no other god beside Him. Do not cheat when you measure or weigh. I see that you are prosperous, and I fear for you the retribution of an overwhelming day.
11:85
"O my people, you shall give full measure and full weight, equitably. Do not cheat the people out of their rights, and do not roam the earth corruptly.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path of Islam
as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed