Islam/Salaat

Question
My esteemed brother, Salaam Alaikum,
I am asking for help once again. I am the first one to confess that I am a terrible Muslim. I do not have complete faith. I can not rid myself of the idea that there is no Allah, that religions are inventions of mankind. In spite of that, something inside me stops me from giving up. I have had these doubts for a long time. But I still cling to the fact that I am Muslim, and there is no God except Allah and Muhammed is His messenger. I have spent years with this doubt. The strongest evidence I have had of Allah being a Truth, is the fact that whenever I have called on Him with humility and truth, he has always helped me. I can not give Him up. In all my ignorance and stupidity, I have clung to Allah's message that in times of trouble and strife, seek refuge in Salaat and sadqa. I have associated The acceptance of my plea to Allah in the feelings I have after salaat and the peace my heart feels afterwards. But now someone has told me that if I offer Salaat irregularly, and for the sake of comfort, then I have fallen into fitna. That I am offering Salaat for myself, not for Allah. It is a selfish act. Is this true my brother? Is it true that if I offer Salaat only in times of trouble, I am only confirming my selfishness?

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Sister,

In fact our salaat is our antidote from satan. The moment you miss your salat - satan can exploit the opportunity and whisper you and confuse you with his ideas.

Thats why Allah instructs in the Quran

[Quran 2:208] O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy.

[Quran 5:91] Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah (God), and from prayer/salat: will you not then abstain?

Another thing missing in your life is the reading and understanding and following of the instructions of Allah in the Quran. I will suggest you to read ( even 3 verses ) quran on daily basis and try to follow them. This will further keep satan at bay.

In the quran multiple times Allah has warned us about Satan. He is the avowed enemy of us -

[Quran 16:98] So when you recite the Qur'an, seek refuge with Allah from Shaytan, the outcast.

[Quran 16:99] Verily, he has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord.

[Quran 16:100] His power is only over those who obey and follow him (Shaytan), and those who join partners with Him (Allah).

[Quran 7:201] Verily, those who have Taqwa(fear of Allah), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaytan, they remember (Allah), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

[Quran 7:202] But (as for) their brothers (the devils' brothers) they (the devils) plunge them deeper into error, and they never stop short.

[Quran 4:119] (said Shaitan) "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes Satan for a friend, has of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

[Quran 22:53] That He (Allah) may make what is thrown in by shaitan (Satan) a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy and disbelief) and whose hearts are hardened. And certainly, the Zalimūn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) are in an opposition far-off (from the truth against Allah's Messenger and the believers).

[Quran 43:36] If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of (Allah (God)) Most Gracious, We appoint for him an evil one, to be an intimate companion to him.

protection from satan/shaitan/
-----------------------------

Shahi Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 514
-----------------------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, "If one says one-hundred times in one day: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)", one will get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, and one-hundred good deeds will be written in his account, and one-hundred bad deeds will be wiped off or erased from his account, and on that day he will be protected from the morning till evening from Satan, and nobody will be superior to him except one who has done more than that which he has done."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Islam

Ahmer