My most esteemed brother,
I live in a western country. The Muslim community here is well off. Whenever they ask for contributions, it's to build a mosque. I think that there are enough mosques for everyone to reach easily. Is it considered desirable to give charity to non muslims? They need help and I have the means to help. What is the ruling in this issue?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

Charity is for....

[Quran 9:60] As-Sadaqat (Zakaat) are only for the Fuqara (poor), and Al-Masakin (the needy) and those employed to collect (the funds), and to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam), and to free the captives, and for those in debt, and for Allah's Cause (Jihaad etc), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything), a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.

Therefore you can give anyone who falls in the above category.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.