Islam/End Times

Question
-Abdai
Thank you
I am considering studying or at least becoming more familiar with Islam.
Would you mind answering two more questions?
1.It seems that Christianity and Islam have much in common.Why then the current conflict?
2.The pastor of a church I used to attend said that  Islam cannot be recognized since it does not recognise the divinity of Jesus-that is-that he is the son of God and not just a prophet.What does the Koran say to this?------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Abdai
I am interested in the Christian concept of the end times,revelations,etc.Especially  the antichrist,beast,rapture,etc.
Where does Islam stand on this? Thanks!
Answer -
Yes, the Prophet of Allah Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) will descend at the end of time and judge among the people with justice, following the Law of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He will break the crosses and kill the swine. HE shall put an end to the payment of the jizya. He will only accept Islam from the people. The People of the Book, the Jews and Christians, will all believe in him before his death, after he descends at the end of time. Allah has stated, "There is none of the People of the book but must believe in him (as only a Messenger of Allah) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them." [an-Nisa, 4:159]

Allah has stated that all of the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, will believe in Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) before his death - that is, before the death of Jesus. That will be when he descends at the end of time as a judge and just caller to Islam, as shall be noted in the hadith describing his descent.

This is the meaning of the words [in the verse quoted above]. The context of the verse is demonstrating the stance that the Jews took toward Jesus (peace be upon him) and what they conspired to do against him. It also shows the way of Allah in saving Jesus and refuting the works of his enemies. The pronouns in the phrase, "believe in him before his death" must both refer to Jesus to be consistent with the context and so that the antecedents will be the same. It is confirmed in numerous authentic hadith, that have come through numerous chains and have reached the level of mutawatir [narration that has been reported through so many chains and from so many people that there is no way to doubt its authenticity], that Allah raised Jesus to the heavens. They also state that he will descend at the end of time as a just ruler and will kill the False Messiah [Anti-Christ].

Ibn Taimiya said, after quoting the numerous chains reporting Jesus' being raised to heaven and his descent at the end of time, "These hadith are mutawatir from the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him). They have been narrated from Abu Huraira, Ibn Mas'ud, 'Uthman ibn Abu al-as, Abu Umama, al-Nawas ibn Samaan, Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-As and Hudahifah ibn Usaid (may Allah be pleased with all of them). These hadith contain indications concerning how and where he will descend."

One of those hadith is the following: Abu Huraira reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "By the One in whose hand is my soul, soon the son of Mary will descend upon you as a just judge. He will break the crosses, kill the swine and will put an end to the jizya. And wealth will spread to the extent that on one will accept it." Then Abu Huraira said, "Recite if you wish, "There is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him (as only a Messenger of Allah) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them."" [an-Nisa 4:159] [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

In another narration from Abu Huraira, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "How will you be when the son of Mary descends among you and your leader will be from among yourselves?" [Al-Bukhari & Muslim] It is also confirmed in the Sahih from Jabir ibn Abdullah that he heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say, "A group of people from my Nation will continue to fight in defense of the truth and remain triumphant until the day of Judgment." He also said, "Jesus, son of Mary (peace be upon him), will descend upon them and their leader will say (to him), 'Come and lead us in prayer.' He will say, 'No, Allah has honored this Nation by putting some as leaders over others.'" [Saheeh Muslim]

This hadith demonstrate that he will descend at the end of time and that he will judge according to the Law of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). They also show, without doubt, that there will be a leader for this nation at that time. Furthermore, there is no contradiction between his descending and the fact that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the seal of the prophets. This is so because Jesus will not be descending with a new law. To Allah belongs the decree, first and last. He does what He wills and rules as He wills. There is none to come after His Rule. He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise.

- Responded by the Permanent Committee, Fataawaa Islamiya, vol.1, p.141

Signs of the Appearance of the Dajjal
A lengthy hadith narrated by Ibn Majah, Ibn Khuzaimah, and ad-Dhiyaa', attributed to Abu Umamah, reports that the Prophet of Allah, sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam, said,

“There will be three hard years before the Dajjal (appears). During them, people will be stricken by a great famine. In the first year, Allah will command the sky to withhold a third of its rain, and the earth to withhold a third a third of its produce. In the second year, Allah will command the sky to withhold two thirds of its rain, and the earth to withhold two thirds of its produce. In the third year, Allah will command the sky to withhold all of its rain, and it will not rain a single drop of rain. He will command the earth to withhold all of its produce, and no plant will grow. All hoofed animals will perish, except that which Allah wills.” He (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) was asked, ‘What sustains people during that time?' He said, “Tahlil, takbir and tahmid (Saying, la ilaha ill Allah, Allahu Akbar and al-hamdulillah). This will sustain them just as food does.” [Sahih Al-Jami' as-Saghir, no. 7875]

Abdullah bin Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said,

“The fitnah of Al-Ahlas (continuous calamity) is mass desertion and war. Then, the fitnah of As-Sarraa [meaning ‘the rich', when some reach people use their money to hire others to fight for them] will start from under the feet of a man who claims that he is of me (of my descendants). However, he is not of me, for my loyal friends are the ones who have taqwa. Afterwards, people will unite around a man whose reign is unstable. Then, the fitnah of Ad-Duhaymaa [it is called ‘dark and black fitnah' because of its enormity] (will start) and will not leave any member of this nation without severely touching him. When it is thought that its time has come to an end, it will be lengthened. Meanwhile (during this fitnah), a man will wake up as a believer and will meet the night as a disbeliever, until people divide into two camps: A camp of belief that contains no hypocrisy, and a camp of hypocrisy that contains no belief. If this happens, then await the Dajjal on that day or the next.” [Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Hakim, Mishkatul-Masabih, vol. 4, no. 5403]

There are other signs to the imminent coming of the Dajjal. Mu'ath narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam, said,

“The flourishing of Jerusalem will mark the desertion of Yathrib (Madinah). The desertion of Yathrib will mark the start of Al-Malhamah [the great war that will start between ar-Rum and the Muslim forces before Muslims conquer Constantinople for the second time]. The start of Al-Malhamah will mark the conquering of Constantinople. The conquering of Constantionple will mark the appearance of Dajjal.” [Sahih Al-Jami' as-Saghir, no. 4096]

The flourishing of Jerusalem will happen by the hands of Muslims, by the will of Allah, after it will be retrieved from the Jews.

The Holy Land will be the seat of the Caliphate because the Messenger of Allah sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said to Ibn Hawalah,

“O Ibn Hawalah! If you live to see the seat of the Caliphate of the Holy Land, then earthquakes, disasters and great calamities are imminent. Then, the Hour will be closer to people than this hand of mine to your head!” [Al-Hakim in Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 420, and he says, “Sahih”]

Then, Muslims will migrate to Ash-Sham to join the Jihad against the enemies of Allah from among the Jews and Christians. People of Madinah will desert it, not because they dislike it, but for the purpose of joining the Jihad for the sake of Allah. Then, it will be totally uninhibited, wild animals and beasts will roam through it, and it will stay deserted until the Hour begins.

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam, said,

“Madinah will be deserted while in its prime! Then, it will be inhabited by birds and beasts.” [Al-Hakim in Al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 436]

“They (Muslims) will leave Madinah while in its prime. Only wild beasts and birds will roam it. The last persons to be gathered (for the beginning of the Last Day) will be two shepherds from (the tribe) of Muzainah heading towards Madinah. They will be herding their sheep, and (when they reach it) they will find it deserted. When they reach Thaniyyat Al-Wadaa' they will collapse on their foreheads (because the Hour will have started then).” [Ahmad, Al-Bukhari and Muslim, As-Silsilah As-Sahihah, vol. 2, no. 683]

Also, Abdullah bin 'Amr said, “There will be a time among people when every believer will migrate to Ash-Sham.” [Al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak, vol. 4, p. 457, and he says “Sahih according to the conditions of Bukhari and Muslim” Adh-Dhahabee agrees.]

The Destruction of Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal

As was narrated in the Hadith by An-Nawwas bin Sam'an, the Dajjal will be killed at the hand of Jesus son of Mary.

The Dajjal's death will occur after the angels turn him towards Ash-Sham away from the outskirts of Madinah. He will perish in Ash-Sham near the eastern door of Lud in Palestine, may Allah return it to the Muslim.

Before we start mentioning the second coming of Jesus son of Mary, we will mention the story of Al-Mahdy, Muhammad bin Abdillah.

Al-Mahdi will appear just before the coming of Jesus, alaihis salam. He will lead the Muslim nation with justice and kindness and establish Allah's rule. A righteous Caliphate will reappear after the earth has experienced its share of injustice and tyranny. Jesus son of Mary will pray behind him. Among Al-Mahdi's characteristics is that he will spend money on his subjects without counting it, along with many of his other righteous deeds that were mentioned in several correct hadiths.  

Answer
Hello
Every religion claims that he is right and others are wrong. Islam is the belief in One God, Allah (swt), the Creator of all things. Islam doesn't believe in the "middleman" fallacy as the case with many religions including Christianity. In Christianity, to be saved you have to believe in Jesus (as) as the Son of God, and without such confession and belief in Jesus, you're most definitely going to Hellfire. Islam, on the other hand, declares that believing in One God, Allah (swt) and that Mohammad is His messenger, and obeying God's laws and His prophet's doctrine is the only passport to Heaven

Such divisions arose, the Qur'an points out, because of undue selfishness, transgression, aggression and mutual jealousy (al-Baqarah 2:213; Al 'Imran 3:19). The Qur'an also points out that these divisions arose among people when they ignored the word of Allah and His guidance and "sold Allah's words for a paltry price"(al-Baqarah 2:79), when they went to extremes (ghuluww) in their religion, when they corrupted Allah's message (tahrif), when they consigned some part of it to oblivion, or when they took one part of Allah's teachings and ignored the other. Each group divided up Allah's messages and instead of following the knowledge (al-'ilm) that was given to them by Allah's prophets, they followed their own whims and wishes (ahwa').

Thus some evil religious leaders went astray and also misled their followers (al-Baqarah 2:120, 121; al-Ma'idah 5:177; Al-An'am 6:119; al-Rum 30:29; al-Jathiyah 45:18; Muhammad 47:14, 16)

The Qur'an makes us fully aware that there are a variety of religious communities, each happy with its own version of the truth (al-Mu'minun 23:53; al-Rum 30:32). They all possess some truth which is a part of the true Islam in their midst, but regrettably none of them has preserved the message of Allah in its complete and authentic form (al-Ma'idah 5:13-14). Allah sent Prophet Muhammad to guide humanity to the original and authentic faith and the message of Allah.

............

God is One. There is no Trinity. Jesus is a prophet of God, and like all his fellow prophets, he is a human being. We love him, and believe in him, and affirm all of his miracles, bestowed upon him as a favour from his Lord. He called for the worship of God alone and for righteousness - as every prophet of God has done. However, his pure monotheistic message was gradually changed by 'Christians' into a polytheistic one, by transforming Jesus(the servant of God, into a mythological God-incarnate figure to be worshipped alongside God All-Mighty.

Jesus was in a mother's womb. He needed nutrition; he was born and grew up to be a man.A man who needs to eat, walk, sleep, rest, etc.. cannot have Divine Attributes because he is in need and God is Self-Sufficient

The Muslim perspective is this: God does not beget sons or daughters as begetting is an animal act reserved for the lower animal functions of sex. Metaphorically, we can all be described as the sons of God as God has created us and He provides for us, but physically He does not beget.

We should first answer this question What is the true word of God about Jesus ? u can find that only in Qur'an the final revelation the only authentic revealed book in the world that has been kept without change

Muslims believe that Jesus was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother

Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight, is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then said He unto him, "Be", and he was. (Qur'an 3:59).

And when God said. 'O Jesus son of Mary,did you say unto men, "Take me and my mother as gods, apart from God?" He Said, 'To You be Glory! It is not mine to say what I have no right to. If I indeed said it, You knew it, knowing what is within my soul, and I do not know what is within Your soul; You know the things unseen. I only said to them what You did command me: "Serve God, my Lord and your Lord." And I was a witness over them, while I remained among them; but when You did take me to Yourself the Watcher over them; You are the witness of everything. (Quran 5:116,117)

Jesus' giving life to the dead, healing the blind and the lepers All accepted. They were performed through the will of God

Trinity, the divinity of Jesus, the divine son ship of Jesus, and the doctrines of Original Sin and Atonement. All of these were made by men. Jesus prophesied that people would worship him uselessly and believe in doctrines made by men: "But in vain they do worship me teaching for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9).

'Sue' Watson - Former pastor, missionary, professor. Master's degree in Divinity who has Embraced Islam said ; It is interesting to note that there were bishops during the first three hundred years of the Church that were teaching as the Muslim believes that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet and teacher!! It was only after the conversion of Emperor Constantine that he was the one to call and introduce the doctrine of the Trinity. He a convert to Christianity who knew nothing of this religion introduced a paganistic concept that goes back to Babylonian times

If you really examine the Christian teaching on human sin with an open mind, you will see that they say that God sacrificed His only son to atone for the sins of mankind, and that this son was a god. If it was true that he was a god who was beaten, insulted and crucified, and died, then this doctrine contains elements of blasphemy because it accuses God of weakness and helplessness. Is God really incapable of forgiving the sins of all His servants with just one word? If He is Able to do all things

There are now more than 60 versions of the Bible(Different versions not translations The different versions of the Bible are not merely different translations, but are actually versions i.e. they add and remove things from other versions)

These revisions serve as concrete proofs that all the Biblical books are not at all divinely inspired. This is because it is beyond man's ability to correct the work of his Creator, who alone is Almighty and perfect  

Islam

Abo Muhammed Samir Faid