Islam and the West/Supplications

Question
Assalamu alaykum. Why is is that some muslim after each of the compulsory salats ill stand up after the tasleem without opening their hands and ask Allah for some other things? Is it a bid'a to do that?

Answer
It is ordained by Rasoolullah saw to "ask from Allah, by opening hands or if you can ask anything

standing or sitting this is not problem. But specifically doing it "Standing after Dua or

doing it by standing". I don't know any thing in this aspect, neither any reference in Islamic

History I have for this.

Further more Dua Rasoolullah saw said to ask and done both are confirmed by Sahih, Mafrooh and
authentic narrations of Ahadiths, and Sahaba and tabaeen and taba tabaeen also done it.

Hope that clear the doubt brother.

wasalam
Peace be on you.

Islam and the West

Dr Ismaiel Mansoor