Israel/Living in Rural Israel

True believer wrote at 2011-12-12 16:32:00
As a former volunteer i cansay from experience that although nes ammim is named a christian kibbutz, it is by no means living a christian identity! There is a so called " churchservice"  on sunday, but no prayers are made except the Lords prayer after a silent prayer of 1 minute. Little Singing, only OT bible readings as they mainly identify with the jewish belief. They have no church only a building that serves as spiritual house, they have a pond with an artist impression stating that all believes have the same god, Islam, jews and christians are having the same god. We all should have the jews as an example and become like them. No Jesus is preached. Its a spiritual DESERT!i was shocked after a mere 2 weeks after arrival, when the real face, ideas and workethics start to show. The people who are in charge are getting eachother the nice jobs ( or simply don' t work at all ) The young volunteers don't care to much about what they do, its either dishwasher or house keeping while the " managers do little to nothing. Promises are made but not kept ( or altered to their liking) make sure you get all in writing before going there if you really like. An interesting thing i learned is that their name Nes Ammim, means sign to the people, but a name that sounds teh same while talking about the place

Nes sammim  means HOLY DRUGS, interesting coincidence?!?

MOst of the long termers have their " own agenda". The true christians that do come here are very disappointed and cannot leave ( gave up their job, have a whole family with them etc) or did leave after a short while, that should make you think!

I'm not just talking bad after a bad experience but putting out a warning that i wish i had read before making this decision.

If you don't take christian faith serious, want to work an average job with little reward ( it's easy to slack here if you want) and see the country you will probably have a good time here.

If you do come for an introduction visit to see if you want to stay longer, see for yourself for these signs and come to your own conclusion.

Feel free to ask a question through the box, i'll try to answer as accurate as possible.  

Marc wrote at 2012-06-15 15:35:50
As a former volunteer i can say from experience that although nes ammim is named a christian kibbutz, it is by no means living a christian identity! There is a so called " churchservice"  on sunday, but no prayers are made except the Lords prayer after a silent prayer of 1 minute. They mainly identify with the jewish belief. They have no church, only a building that serves as spiritual house, they have a pond with an artist impression stating that all believes have the same god, Islam, jews and christians are having the same god. We all should have the jews as an example and become like them. But on the other hand they are so Pro Palestinian. No Jesus is preached. Its a spiritual DESERT! i was shocked after a mere 2-3 months after arrival, when the real face, ideas and workethics start to show. The people who are in charge are getting eachother the nice jobs (or simply don' t work at all ) The young volunteers don't care to much about what they do, its either dishwasher or house keeping while the "managers" do little to nothing. Promises are made but not kept ( or altered to their liking) make sure you get all in writing before going there if you really like. An interesting thing i learned is that their name Nes Ammim, means sign to the people, but a name that sounds the same while talking about the place

true believer wrote at 2012-11-14 09:17:20

Israel

Yishay Lehman