Israel/color of skin

commonsense wrote at 2011-05-26 14:17:10
The above is completely wrong.

Israel is an young country. It did not exist before the WWII. After WWII a group of people decided to create a land for Jewish people and chose Palestine as the site. After it was created Jews from all over the world moved to Israel so they all look different because they are different and from different countries. Some Israeli Arabs are Arabs that were not killed or kicked out by Jews in the 30s and 40s. Isreali is not a nationality per se its more of a colony of jews from around the world on land they beleive was promised to them by god.

Harry wrote at 2012-09-17 17:55:01
It is an Ashkenazic vs. Sephardic thing.  Actually more accurately, it is that about half of Israeli Jews are originally from neighboring Middle Eastern countries and the other half are from European origins.

So you literally see almost any shade of complexion and hair color among Israeli Jews.  The reason you don't see this so much amongst Jews in the U.S. is that almost all American Jews are Ashkenazim who look like other "white people" (but there are small groups of "Arabic Jews", notably the small Syrian Jewish community in Brooklyn and a similar Iranian Jewish community in Los Angeles).

I hope that helps.

The freddy wrote at 2012-12-02 04:25:09
Jews come in manyl colors.  Many Jews are Arabs and even Black.  

Many Iranians are Jews and they look like non Jewish Iranians.

People who think that all Jews are European are ignorant.  Jews have

lived in the middle east and Africa for thousands of years and many of them were

forced to move to Israel after it became a country in the 1940s.

Do some research and you will see that I am right about this.  

Leon Gork

I can answer questions on Jewish history and religion, especially the relationship between Judaism and other religions and questions about every aspect of Israel

I've been a tour guide for more than 25 years in Israel and I've taught Jewish History and Religion in various schools at high school level

Israel Tour guides association

BA in comparitive Semitic Languages and 5 years of university study in Jewish philosophy