Given the current political climate,etc,do you think that the holocaust/nazi experience severely damaged Jewish/Israeli psyche?

I have to say that I don't totally understand the question.  First, I think I need more clarification from you.  What "political climate" are we talking about?  I need to know exactly what you're referring to, to begin with.  

Then, the question is a problem, as there was no "Israeli psyche" before the Holocaust, for the Holocaust to have damaged.  Israel didn't come into being until 1948, so the Holocaust could not have damaged something that didn't exist.  Could it have had an impact upon Israelis, most certainly.  Damage it?  No, for the reason stated right above, and depending upon what you mean by the "current political climate", I can answer that for you better when you tell me what you mean.

Now as to the Jewish psyche, there is not a doubt in the world that when 1/3 of your entire people world-wide are murdered in a 5 to 6 year span it most certainly affects you.  And for the Jews living in Europe in Europe in 1938, 2 out of every 3 were murdered.  Most families were completely decimated with one or two members surviving.  Did that have some impact on their psyches???  I would certainly imagine so.  As to the first part of your question, I don't really know what you're referring to.  If it's the Israeli political climate, remember that Israel didn't exist then, so that wouldn't have damaged the Israeli psyche.  That psyche didn't develop until 1948.  But was it impacted by what happened to all of their relatives in Europe, no doubt.

Once again, to answer this question more precisely, I'd need to know exactly what the first part of your question is referring to.

Jay Weiss

I can answer all sorts of questions with regard to travel to Israel. I'm quite familiar with the country, and with Jewish culture and religion.

I went to school in Israel quite a few years ago, and for the last 15 years have been taking groups to Israel ranging for 4 people to 64 people.

I have a B.S. in Business Administration and a Law Degree.

Various Schools, Synagogues, JCCs, Jewish Federations, and also Christian groups--Churches and Christian Schools.