Israel/Purpose of Napkin on the Deceased

Question
I understand that the deceased body is wrapped in a linen shroud but the face is covered by a separate napkin.  Why is this, and what is the purpose or the meaning behind it?

Answer
there are many different customs in various communities and in different times.if the custom appears in the shulchan aruch,the official book of all Jewish customs,I might be able to find out the purpose of the law,but it is very rare for a purpose to be clearly stated. All explanations oF jewish laws is supposition and personal opinion. As far as I KNOW no such custom as you mentioned is found in the Shulhan ARUCH.  

Israel

Leon Gork