Israel/Middle East (News & Politics)/Israeli-Palestinian Conflicts

Question
How does the Middle Eastern Conflicts affect religion? (Not the other way around)

Answer
I have seen no evidence over a period of years that the conflicts affect religion to any great degree. The Orthodox Jews who engage in conflict with Palestinians, for example, still remain Orthodox. Palestinian Christians stay as devout as before. Palestinian Muslims don't change their faith. Palestinians who live in other countries, having escaped to these countries, don't change their religions.

People who changed their religious views did so for personal or private reasons, as far as I have seen. The wars or conflicts may have made them think, but the thinking process was mainly private. If anything, the conflict seemed to have solidified the views of most of those who partook.

Israel/Middle East (News & Politics)

Jerrold Cohen