Italian Cuisine/authentic pistachio cookies

I saw deliscious pistachio cookies chewy on an italian
web site but they were selling them. I am looking for a
recipe that's origonal not with american pistachio

Hello Annamarie,

Sorry for getting back to this question so late, I was not receiving all experts advisory notices in a timely fashion so I do apologize.

I have recipe for you - taken from a cook book that a friends' mother gave me many years ago, I have never made them but she used to and they were delicious!!

Ingredients for 15 soft pistachio cookies:

100 gr of shelled unsalted pistachio's or pistachio flour
70 gr of peeled almonds
100 gr of sugar
1 egg yolk
1 pinch of baking soda
icing sugar to sprinkle after they are baked

How To:

Place in a food processor the pistachio's and almonds and reduce to a flour like consistency
Put the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, the baking soda (just a pinch) and the egg yolk.

Start to kneed the cookie dough, you will get a very sticky dough, add a little flour to your hands to help!

Once it is all well mixed, start making little balls of dough, you should get around 12-15. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

If need be - use a little more flour to help rolls the balls as they are very sticky.

Place in a preheated oven 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

The cookies when done will appear crunchy on the outside but lovely and chewy on the inside!

Good Luck and Happy Baking!

Italian Cuisine

Julie Streater

Anything related to Italian Cuisine, recipes, types of food, origins of recipes, regional recipes, regional wines.

Lived and worked in Genoa, Italy for 12 years Speak fluent Italian Own my own Italian Restaurant in Toronto Canada

I have not written any publications but I do appear on local television once a month - cooking a variety of Italian pasta dishes.

Educated in Canada Finishing school in Genoa Italy completed 3 cooking courses, one in Lucca Italy, and two in Genoa Italian wine appreciation course, Wiltshire England