Italian Cuisine/Italian Rice Salad

Question
Hi - Can you send me the recipe for your rice salad? I'd like to make it for my lunches at work?

Thanks!

Answer
Insalata di Riso
Insalata di Riso  
heh there trace - sure thing!!!

Rice Salad! okay you can pretty much put what you like in this salad to make it delicious... but these are my faves!

Ingredients:

arborio rice (cook in lots of salted water, drain and rinse so not sticky)
tin of italian tuna (drained)
diced up bread and butter pickles
grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
shredded up fresh basil leaves
giardiniera (italian pickled vegetables - they sell them in the pickle aisle- NOT the hot ones)

now for some creativity or fridge left overs:

diced up marinated artichoke hearts
cube up cheese or bocconcini
tinned corn
olives

dressing:  lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice and really good fruity EVOO
salt to taste because depending on what you put in your salad it may already be salty enough

Italians will also put in chopped hard boiled egg, sliced up cold hot dogs...

Julie  

Italian Cuisine

Julie Streater