Italian Cuisine/Italian Rice Salad

Hi - Can you send me the recipe for your rice salad? I'd like to make it for my lunches at work?

Insalata di Riso
Insalata di Riso  
heh there trace - sure thing!!!

Rice Salad! okay you can pretty much put what you like in this salad to make it delicious... but these are my faves!

arborio rice (cook in lots of salted water, drain and rinse so not sticky)
tin of italian tuna (drained)
diced up bread and butter pickles
grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
shredded up fresh basil leaves
giardiniera (italian pickled vegetables - they sell them in the pickle aisle- NOT the hot ones)

now for some creativity or fridge left overs:

diced up marinated artichoke hearts
cube up cheese or bocconcini
tinned corn

dressing:  lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice and really good fruity EVOO
salt to taste because depending on what you put in your salad it may already be salty enough

Italians will also put in chopped hard boiled egg, sliced up cold hot dogs...

Italian Cuisine

Julie Streater

Anything related to Italian Cuisine, recipes, types of food, origins of recipes, regional recipes, regional wines.

Lived and worked in Genoa, Italy for 12 years Speak fluent Italian Own my own Italian Restaurant in Toronto Canada

I have not written any publications but I do appear on local television once a month - cooking a variety of Italian pasta dishes.

Educated in Canada Finishing school in Genoa Italy completed 3 cooking courses, one in Lucca Italy, and two in Genoa Italian wine appreciation course, Wiltshire England