Italian Cuisine/Sauce pizza

I was wondering if there is a good way to make a pizza sauce with cheese in it so cheesing it becomes unnecessary? I work in a couple pizza places and they add some cheese to the sauce and was thinking it might be fun if one could put sauce in a squirt bottle and draw in a few colors art work into a pizza that won't run or burn. Any suggestions?

Hello James,

Sorry to be not be of much help, but I do not know of any way that you can make a tomato based pizza sauce that incorporates the cheese?  They are two separate ingredients and therefore should be used as such to produce a proper pizza.  Italians do make white pizza's with no tomato base and they obviously make the classic Margherita pizza with only small amounts of dotted fresh mozzarella - but as far as Italian Cuisine is concerned the answer to your question is NO.

I hope you continue to enjoy  your culinary quest.

Italian Cuisine

Julie Streater

Anything related to Italian Cuisine, recipes, types of food, origins of recipes, regional recipes, regional wines.

Lived and worked in Genoa, Italy for 12 years Speak fluent Italian Own my own Italian Restaurant in Toronto Canada

I have not written any publications but I do appear on local television once a month - cooking a variety of Italian pasta dishes.

Educated in Canada Finishing school in Genoa Italy completed 3 cooking courses, one in Lucca Italy, and two in Genoa Italian wine appreciation course, Wiltshire England