Italian Culture/Aged Care in Italy

Question
Can you tell what facilities (Aged Care Homes) are available and what level of care is provided. Does the Government contribute to the costs?

Many thanks

Answer
Hello Sharon,

it dependent on the areas: in Milan and province, where I live, nursing homes, even if subsidized by the Government, still cost a lot.
I do not know whether there are facilities completely free of charge, if there are, no one wants to go there anyway.
North of Milan (in Italy, the more you go north the more efficient everything is!!) there are well maintained and organized public facilities, subsidized. You pay for them but you pay an amount that everyone can afford.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Cristina

Italian Culture

Cristina