Italian Language/What is a "pensee"?

lscaffidi wrote at 2010-02-07 18:07:12
Hi. I am not an expert, but I used to listen to this song daily, also - in Rome in 1974! It was very popular there although I cannot remember the artist who sang it. Anyway, I was told then by my Italian friend/guide/interpretor that "una panse" was a flower just like the pansy we have here in the States. (You are from the States, aren't you?) If you want to see what one looks like, just google "picture of pansy flower." I still love the song today.

wings wrote at 2015-01-25 14:40:25
oh you mean a "PANSY" - the viola's common-name that is extremely well-known in England??(better known than "viola")  

Italian Language

I love English and Italian is my mother tongue. I am particularly fond of precision in translation, and I always try to pay attention not only in giving the correct correspondance to words but also to render the sense of what I translate.

I took and passed Cambridge University Proficiency in English as a Foreign Language examination. I have always been reading romances in English and English literature. Being an Engineer I also have a wide technical vocabulary, especially regarding environmental, civil and construction engineering.

Cambridge University - Proficency in English as a Foreign Language MS degree in Environmental Engineering