Italian Language/Tattoo in italian

Crazyfran wrote at 2012-11-11 07:06:01
I disagree and pretty strongly.

"Perdonati", without the accent can lead to confusion.

I wouldn't want to walk around with a tattoo which says "I forgave them", like I was some sort of Jesus reincarnation... :)

It's true "perdona te stesso" is longer, but it's more precise and that's value. IMHO. :)

Paolin wrote at 2012-11-18 14:10:29
Thank you Crazyfran for your adding.

Sure, it's a valuable viewpoint: one needs to consider accurately if the "pardon" in a specific case concerns a very personal matter or rather a wider one. If I forgive myself, am I supposed to forgive also someone else, maybe "everybody else"? It can be such; it sounds very "Christian", you get the point! Or... it can be exactly the opposite: I forgive myself, nobody else is concerned.

This expression can be very interesting for the first case and obviously it would be totally unfit for the second one. I think that your comment makes this clear in a stronger way: it helps making this topic precise, and that's value, if you let me quote.

Good bye!  

Italian Language

I read and correct your italian texts, either translations or written compositions. I read or listen to your oral compositions, readings and speechs and help you improve your pronunciation and style. I read and correct also your advertising short and medium texts. I answer questions about Italian language, slang, style, punctuation. I don't answer about dialects and specific local slang.

I'm mother tongue; I graduated at Classic Lyceum (100/100), studying classic Italian language and classic Latin and Greek. The 5 years long daily exercise in translation from ancient Latin and Greek to modern Italian taught me to appreciate a correct italian translation and/or text composition. I graduated at University in Law studies and Jurisprudence, learning to appreciate deep differences between a strictly specific and technical language and other styles. I'm currently PhD candidate in Philosophy of Law. I read fiction, classic novels, philosophical books and papers, legal books and papers.

Read more about Italian -

Italian mother tongue; diploma at Liceo Classico (100/100; year 2001); Laurea at University (110/110 cum laude; year 2008); PhD in Law: Philosophy of Law and Sociology of Law